Volume 24, Number 5, September-October 2017
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Niche products and crop diversification: in search of added value / Produits de niche et cultures de diversification : à la recherche de valeur ajoutée|
|Published online||21 September 2017|
- Abadi FZK, Abolhasan A, Amir H. 2014. Evaluation and estimation of mass transfer parameters influencing salmon liver oil extraction. Indian J Nat Sci 5(27): 2083–2089.
- Abdalla EM, Darwish SM, Ayad EHE, EL-Hamahmy RM. 2007. Egyptian mango by-product. Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of extract and oil from mango seed kernel. Food Chem 103: 1141–1152. [CrossRef]
- Agunbiade SO, Olanlokun JO. 2006. Studies on the nutritive values of the seed kernels of exotic and local mangoes. Biomed Biophys Res Asia 3: 122–125.
- Bas D, Boyaci IH. 2007. Modelling and optimization I: Usability of response surface methodology. J Food Eng 78: 836–45. [CrossRef]
- Bauernfeind JS, Desai ID. 1977. The tocopherol content of food and influencing factors. Crit Rev Food Nutr 8: 337–382. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Bhalerao SD, Mulmuley GV, Anathakrishna SM, Potty VH. 1989. Wash and waste water management in food industry. Fruit and vegetable processing. Indian Food Packer 43(2): 5–11.
- Brand-Williams W, Cuvelier ME, Berset C. 1995. Use of free radical method to evaluate antioxidant activity. LWT- Food Sci Technol 28: 25–30. [CrossRef]
- Brigelius-Flohé R, Traber MG. 1999. Vitamin E: function and metabolism, FASEB J 13: 1145–1155. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Cacace JE, Mazza G. 2003. Optimization of extraction of anthocyanin from black currants with aqueous ethanol. J Food Sci 68: 240–248. [CrossRef]
- Chanioti S, Siamandoura P, Tzia C. 2016. Evaluation of extracts prepared from olive oil by-products using microwave-assisted enzymatic extraction: effect of encapsulation on the stability of final products. Waste and biomass valorization. DOI: 10.1007/s12649-475016-9533-1.
- Desai ID, Swann MA, Garcia Tavares ML, Dutra de Oliveira BS, Duarte FAM, Dutra de Oliveira JE. 1980. Vitamin E status of agricultural migrant workers in Southern Brazil. Am J Clin Nutr 33: 2669–2673. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Dougherty C. 2002. Introduction to econometrics, 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 13–14.
- Elkhaleefa A, Shigidi I. 2015. Optimization of sesame oil extraction process conditions. Adv Chem Eng Sci 5: 305–310. https://doi.org/10.4236/aces.2015.53031. [CrossRef]
- FAO. 2006. The state of food insecurity in the world. http://www.fao.org/docrep/009/a0750e/a0750e00.htm. Accessed at 2014/01/08.
- Ghafoor K, Choi YH, Jeon JY, Jo IH. 2009. Optimization of ultrasound-assisted extraction of phenolic compounds, antioxidants, and anthocyanins from grape (vitis vinifera) seeds. J Agric Food Chem 57: 4988–4994. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Giovanni M. 1983. Response surface methodology and product optimization. Food Technol 37(11): 41–45.
- Goula A. 2013. Ultrasound-assisted extraction of pomegranate seed oil - Kinetic modeling. J Food Eng 117: 492–498. [CrossRef]
- Hudson EA, Dinh PA, Kokubun T, Simmonds MSJ, Gescher A. 2000. Characterization of potentially chemopreventive phenols in extracts of brown rice that inhibit the growth of human breast and colon cancer cells. Cancer Epidemiol Biomark Prev 9(11): 1163–1170.
- Jafari M, Gharachorloo M, Hemmaci AH. 2014. The stabilizing effect of three varieties of crude mango seed kernel oil on tallow. J Food Biosci Technol 4(1): 31–36.
- Khatoon S, Gopalakrishna AG. 2004. Fat-soluble nutraceuticals and fatty acid composition of selected Indian rice varietas. J Am Oil Chem Soc 81: 939–943. [CrossRef]
- Kittiphoom S. 2012. Utilization of mango seeds. Int Food Res J 19 (4): 1325–1335.
- Kittiphoom S, Sutasinee S. 2013. Mango seed kernel oil and its physicochemical properties. Int Food Res J 20(3): 1145–1149.
- Koleva V, Simeonov E. 2014. Solid liquid extraction of phenolic and flavonoid compounds from cotinus coggygria and concentration by nano-filtration. Chem Biochem Eng Q 28(4): 545–551. DOI: 10.15255/CABEQ.2014.2006. [CrossRef]
- Kumar HGA, Khatoon S, Prabhakar DS, Krishna AGG. 2006. Effect of cooking of rice bran on the quality of extracted oil. J Food Lipids 13: 341–353. [CrossRef]
- Li T, Qu X, Zhang Q, Wang Z. 2012. Ultrasound-assisted extraction and profile characteristics of seed oil from Isatis indigotica Fort. Ind Crop Prod 35: 98–104. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Liu S, Yang F, Zhan C, Ji H, Hong P, Deng C. 2009. Optimization of process parameters for supercritical carbon dioxide extraction of Passiflora seed oil by response surface methodology. J Supercrit Fluids 48: 9–14. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Mahale SM, Goswami-Giri AS. 2011. Composition and characterization of refined oil compared with its crude oil from waste obtained from Mangifera indica. Asian J Res Chem 4: 1415–1419.
- Mani S, Jaya S, Vadivambal R. 2007. Optimization of solvent extraction of Moringa (Moringa oleifera) seed kernel oil using response surface methodology. Food Bioprod Process 85: 328–335. [CrossRef]
- Mayer S, Weiss J, McClements DJ. 2013. Vitamin E-enriched nanoemulsions formed by emulsion phase inversion: factors influencing droplet size and stability. J Colloid Interface Sci 402: 122–130. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcis.2013.04.016. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mendenhall W. 2011. A second course in statistics: regression analysis, 7th ed. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Prentice Hall. 99 p.
- Minjares-Fuentes R, Femeni A, Garau MC, Meza-Velázquez JA, Simala S, Rosselló C. 2014. Ultrasound-assisted extraction of pectin from grape pomace using citric acid: a response surface methodology approach. Carbohydr Polym 106: 179–189. [CrossRef]
- Mohdaly AA, Smetanska AI, Ramadan MF, Sarhan MA, Mahmoud A. 2011. Antioxidant potential of sesame (Sesamum indicum) cake extract in stabilization of sunflower and soybean oils. Ind Crop Prod 34: 952–959. [CrossRef]
- Montgomery DC. 1984. Design and analysis of experiments, Singapore: John Wiley & Sons, Inc: 204–208.
- Mostafa UE. 2013. Phenolic compounds and antioxidant potential of mango peels and kernels (Mangifera indica L.) on the frying oil stability, lipid profile and activity of some antioxidant serum enzymes in rats. J Am Sci 9(11): 371–378.
- Nzikou JM, Kimbonguila A, Matos L, et al. 2010. Extraction and characteristics of seed kernel oil from mango (Mangifera indica). RJ Environ Earth Sci 2: 31–35.
- Pascual CSCI, Isabel LM, Fabiana K, Rosa MCB, José AN, Ursula MLM. 2013. Effects of parboiling, storage and cooking on the levels of tocopherols, tocotrienols and γ-oryzanol in brown rice (Oryza sativa L.) Food Res Int 50: 676–681. [CrossRef]
- Puravankara D, Boghra V, Sharma RS. 2000. Effect of antioxidant principles isolated from mango (Mangifera indica L) seed kernels on oxidative stability of buffalo ghee (butter-fat), J Sci Food Agric 80(4): 522–526. DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0010(200003)80:4<522::AID-JSFA560>3.0.CO;2-R. [CrossRef]
- Rodrigues S, Pinto G, Fernandes F. 2008. Optimization of ultrasound extraction of phenolic compounds from coconut (Cocos nucifera) shell powder by response surface methodology. Ultrason Sonochemistry 15: 95–100. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Rukmini C, Vijayaraghavan M. 1984. Nutritional and toxicological evaluation of mango kernel oil. J Am Oil Chem Soc 61: 780–792. [CrossRef]
- Sahin S, Samli R. 2013. Optimization of olive leaf extract obtained by ultrasound-assisted extraction with response surface methodology. Ultrason Sonochemistry 20: 595–602. [CrossRef]
- Samaram S, Mirhosseini H, Tan C, Ghazali H, Bordbar S, Serjouie A. 2015. Optimisation of ultrasound-assisted extraction of oil from papaya seed by response surface methodology: oil recovery, radical scavenging antioxidant activity and oxidation stability. Food Chem 172: 7–17. [CrossRef]
- Sani I. 2014. Soxhlet extraction and physicochemical characterization of Mangifera indica L. Seed kernel oil. Research and Reviews: J Food Dairy Tech 2(1): 20–24.
- Schneider C. 2005. Chemistry and biology of vitamin E. Mol Nutr Food Res 49: 7–30. DOI: 10.1002/mnfr.200400049. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Schwartzberg HG, Chao RY. 1982. Solute diffusivities in leaching processes. Food Technol 2: 73–86.
- Singh SK, Sharma HC, Singh SP. In vitro polyembryony in monoembryonic mango cultivars (Mangifera indica L.) In: Kapoor AC, ed. Sustainability of Hill Agriculture: emerging trends and possible solutions. New Delhi: Todays and Tomorrows Printers and Publishers, 2002. pp. 295–299.
- Soong YY, Barlow PJ, Perera CO. 2004. A cocktail of phytonutrients: identification of polyphenols, phytosterol and tocopherols from mango seed kernel. IFTAnn meeting Lasvegas 12–16.
- Steinberg D, Parthasarathy S, Carew TE, Khoo JC, Witztum JL. 1989. Beyond cholestrol: modification of low density lipoprotein that increase its atherogenicity. N Engl J Med 320: 915–924. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Stroescu M, Stoica-Guzun A, Ghergu S, Chira N, Jipa I. 2013. Optimization of fatty acids extraction from Portulaca oleracea seed using response surface methodology. Ind Crops Prod 43: 405–411. [CrossRef]
- Tiwari U, Cummins E, 2009. Nutritional importance and effect of processing on tocols in cereals. Trends Food Sci Technol 20: 511–520. [CrossRef]
- Wang X, Wu Y, Chen G, Yue W, Liang Q, Wu Q. 2013. Optimisation of ultrasound assisted extraction of phenolic compounds from Sparganii rhizoma with response surface methodology. Ultrason Sonochemistry 20: 846–854. [CrossRef]
- Yang Y, DJ McClements. 2013. Vitamin E bio accessibility: influence of carrier oil type on digestion and release of emulsified α-tocopherol acetate. Food Chem 141: 473–481. DOI: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.03.033.458. [CrossRef]
- Yolmeh M, Habibi NM, Farhoosh R. 2014. Optimization of ultrasound-assisted extraction of natural pigment from annatto seeds by response surface methodology (RSM). Food Chem 155: 319–324. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.