Aims and scope
OCL is a peer-reviewed full Open-Access scientific journal devoted to fats and lipids co-edited by a group of leading French institutions:
- Terres Inovia – French Technical Center for Oilseed Crops and Industrial Hemp
- Cirad – French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development
- FNCG – French Federation of Oils and Fats
- Iterg – French Technical Institute for Fats and Oils
- Terres Univia – French Inter-professional Organization of Vegetable Oils and Plant Proteins
- SFEL – French Society for the Study of Lipids.
Published bimonthly, OCL covers the entire sector.
The research papers and reviews published in each issue address a range of topical matters in agronomy, plant biology, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, lipid chemistry, as well as transversal research themes such as nutrition, the health-quality-food safety nexus, innovation and industrial processes, the environment and sustainable development, economics and social development.
A particular feature of OCL is the inclusion in each issue of a special thematic section focusing on a topical subject among the Journal's core domains. Invited contributors to these thematic sections are chosen with care in order to ensure the expression of a genuine cross-section of interests and expertise.
OCL also informs its readers of the latest news in the sector, as well as summarizing the highlights of major conferences and symposia. The Journal also publishes the proceedings of "Les Journées Chevreul" of the Sfel, and likewise those of Chevreul Medal conference and the annual conference of the Lipids and Nutrition Group.