Volume 23, Number 1, January-February 2016
|Number of page(s)||3|
|Section||Dossier: Lipids and Brain / Lipides et cerveau|
|Published online||18 December 2015|
- Alessandri JM, Guesnet P, Vancassel S, et al. 2004. Polyunsaturated fatty acids in the central nervous system: evolution of concepts and nutritional implications throughout life. Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 44: 509–538. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Belayev L, Khoutorova L, Atkins KD, Bazan NG. 2009. Robust docosahexaenoic acid-mediated neuroprotection in a rat model of transient, focal cerebral ischemia. Stroke. 40: 3121–3126. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Bernoud N, Fenart L, Molière P, et al. 1999. Preferential transfer of 2-docosahexaenoyl-1-lysophosphatidylcholine through an in vitro blood-brain barrier over unesterified docosahexaenoic acid. J. Neurochem. 72: 338–345. [Google Scholar]
- Burdge GC, Calder PC. 2005. Conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to longer-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in human adults. Reprod. Nutr. Dev. 45: 581–497. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Chauveau F1, Cho TH, Perez M, et al. 2011. Brain-targeting form of docosahexaenoic acid for experimental stroke treatment: MRI evaluation and anti-oxidant impact. Curr. Neurovasc. Res. 8: 95–102. [Google Scholar]
- Chen CT, Green JT, Orr SK, Bazinet RP. 2008. Regulation of brain polyunsaturated fatty acid uptake and turnover. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 79: 85–91. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Crawford MA, Bloom M, Broadhurst CL, 1999. Evidence for the unique function of docosahexaenoic acid during the evolution of the modern hominid brain. Lipids 34: S39–47. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Croset M, Brossard N, Polette A, Lagarde M. 2000. Characterization of plasma unsaturated lysophosphatidylcholines in human and rat. Biochem. J. 345: 61–67. [Google Scholar]
- Hachem M, Géloën A, Van AL, et al., 2015. Efficient docosahexaenoic acid uptake by the brain from a structured phospholipid. Mol Neurobiol Doi:10.1007/s12035-015-9228-9. [Google Scholar]
- Nguyen LN, Ma D, Shui G, et al. 2014. Mfsd2a is a transporter for the essential omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid. Nature 509: 503–506. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Polette A, Deshayes C, Chantegrel B, Croset M, Armstrong JM, Lagarde M. 1999. Synthesis of acetyl,docosahexaenoyl-glycerophosphocholine and its characterization using nuclear magnetic resonance. Lipids 34:1333–1337. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Thies F, Delachambre MC, Bentejac M, Lagarde M, Lecerf J. 1992. Unsaturated fatty acids esterified in 2-acyl-l-lysophosphatidylcholine bound to albumin are more efficiently taken up by the young rat brain than the unesterified form. J. Neurochem. 59: 1110–1106. [CrossRef] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
- Thies F, Pillon C, Moliere P, Lagarde M, Lecerf J. 1994. Preferential incorporation of sn-2 lysoPC DHA over unesterified DHA in the young rat brain. Am. J. Physiol. 267: R1273–1279. [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.