Journées CHEVREUL, ‘80 Years of SFEL’, 18-20 January 2023, Paris
To celebrate the 80th birthday of the French Society for the Study of Lipids (SFEL) and to thank Chevreul Medalists who contributed to the success of the ‘Journées Chevreul’, SFEL is pleased to announce these exceptional edition of ‘Journées Chevreul’ which will be held on January 2023 (3 consecutive days from January 18th to 20th) in a famous place of science in Paris, the National Museum of Natural History (Museum National d’Histoire Naturelle, MNHN).
‘Journées Chevreul’ will be organized in collaboration with MNHN, French Academy of Agriculture and two French scientific societies, the Lipidomics Study and Research Group (Groupe d’Etude et de Recherche en Lipidomique, GERLI) and the Lipid Nutrition Group (Groupe Lipides Nutrition, GLN).
These days will provide an overview of all the research themes on lipids supported by SFEL since its creation and the major developments in the various fields of research on lipids in a context of multiple transitions (environmental, societal, bioeconomic, etc.). It will be the opportunity to award the Chevreul Medal 2023 to Pr Michel Linder (FRA).
Here are the major themes (with scheduled speakers) selected:
- Opening Session on SFEL and Michel-Eugène CHEVREUL – Claude Leray (FRA), Christian Ferault (FRA), Hervé Plessix (FRA)
- Omega3 in the Brain - Jean-Marie Bourre (FRA), Richard Bazinet (CAN)
- Genomic/Varietal selection & Oilseed Sector – André Pouzet (FRA), Valérie Mazza (FRA)
- Lipids, Nutrition and Human Health – Frédéric Carrière (FRA)
- Lipids in the Ocean, Microorganisms – Peter Nichols (AUS), Marie Vagner (FRA), Michel Linder (FRA)
- Lipids & Brain – Stephen Cunnane (CAN), Vincenzo Di Marzo (ITA), Fabien Pifferi (FRA)
- Lipochemistry, Emulsion & New Technologies - Charlotte Jacobsen (DNK), Romain Valentin (FRA), Laurianne Simon (FRA)