|Publication ahead of print|
|Published online||10 April 2017|
- Aguilera MP, Beltrán G, Ortega D, Fernández A, Jiménez A, Uceda M. 2005. Characterisation of virgin olive oil of Italian olive cultivars: ‘Frantoio' and ‘Leccino', grown in Andalusia. Food Chem 89: 387–391. [CrossRef]
- Allalout A, Krichène D, Methenni K, et al. 2009. Characterization of virgin olive oil from super intensive Spanish and Greek varieties grown in northern Tunisia. Sci Hortic 120: 77–83. [CrossRef]
- Andrewes P, Busch JL, de Joode T, Groenewegen A, Alexandre H. 2003. Sensory properties of virgin olive oil polyphenols: identification of deacetoxy-ligstroside aglycon as a key contributor to pungency. J Agric Food Chem 51: 1415–1420. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Angerosa F. 2002. Influence of volatile compounds on virgin olive oil quality evaluated by analytical approaches and sensor panels. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 104: 639–660. [CrossRef]
- Angerosa F, Basti C, Vito R. 1999. Virgin olive oil volatile compounds from lipoxygenase pathway and characterization of some Italian cultivars. J Agric Food Chem 47: 836–839. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Angerosa F, Servili M, Selvaggini R, Taticchi A, Esposto S, Montedoro G. 2004. Volatile compounds in virgin olive oil: occurrence and their relationship with the quality. J Chromatogr A 1054: 17–31. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Baccouri O, Bendini A, Cerretani L, et al. 2008. Comparative study on volatile compounds from Tunisian and Sicilian monovarietal virgin olive oils. Food Chem 111: 322–328. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Bajoub A, Sánchez-Ortiz A, Ouazzani N, Fernández-Gutiérrez A, Beltrán G, Carrasco-Pancorbo A. 2015. First comprehensive characterization of volatile profile of north Moroccan olive oils: a geographic discriminant approach. Food Res Int 76: 410–417. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Barbieri S, Bendini A, Valli E, Toschi TG. 2015. Do consumers recognize the positive sensorial attributes of extra virgin olive oils related with their composition? A case study on conventional and organic products. J Food Compos Anal 44: 186–195. [CrossRef]
- Beltran G, Ruano MT, Jimenez A, Uceda M, Aguilera MP. 2007. Evaluation of virgin olive oil bitterness by total phenol content analysis. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 109: 193–197. [CrossRef]
- Benito M, Lasa JM, Gracia P, et al. 2013. Olive oil quality and ripening in super-high-density Arbequina orchard. J Sci Food Agric 93: 2207–2220. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Botia J, Ortuno A, Benavente-Garcia O, et al. 2001. Modulation of the biosynthesis of some phenolic compounds in Olea europaea L. fruits: their influence on olive oil quality. J Agric Food Chem 49: 355–358. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Brkić Bubola K, Koprivnjak O, Sladonja B, Lukić I. 2012. Volatile compounds and sensory profiles of monovarietal virgin olive oil from Buža, Črna and Rosinjola cultivars in Istria (Croatia). Food Technol Biotech 50: 192–198.
- Buttery RG, Light DM, Nam Y, Merrill GB, Roitman JN. 2000. Volatile components of green walnut husks. J Agric Food Chem 48: 2858–2861. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Campeol E, Flamini G, Chericoni S, Catalano S, Cremonini R. 2001. Volatile compounds from three cultivars of Olea europaea from Italy. J Agric Food Chem 49: 5409–5411. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Cavalli J-F, Fernandez X, Lizzani-Cuvelier L, Loiseau A-M. 2004. Characterization of volatile compounds of French and Spanish virgin olive oils by HS-SPME: identification of quality-freshness markers. Food Chem 88: 151–157. [CrossRef]
- Cerretani L, Salvador MD, Bendini A, Fregapane G. 2008. Relationship between sensory evaluation performed by Italian and Spanish official panels and volatile and phenolic profiles of virgin olive oils. Chemosens Percept 1: 258–267. [CrossRef]
- Commission Regulation (EEC). 2003. Regulation EEC/1989/03, Characteristics of olive and olive-pomace oils and on their analytical methods. Off J Eur Commun L295: 57–77.
- Ferreira V, Aznar M, Lopez R, Cacho J. 2001. Quantitative gas chromatography-olfactometry carried out at different dilutions of an extract. Key differences in the odor profiles of four high-quality Spanish aged red wines. J Agric Food Chem 49: 4818–4824. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Folin O, Ciocalteu V. 1927. On tyrosine and tryptophane determinations in proteins. J Biol Chem 73: 627–650.
- García-González DL, Aparicio R. 2010. Coupling MOS sensors and gas chromatography to interpret the sensor responses to complex food aroma: application to virgin olive oil. Food Chem 120: 572–579. [CrossRef]
- García-González DL, Tena N, Aparicio R. 2007. Characterization of olive paste volatiles to predict the sensory quality of virgin olive oil. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 109: 663–672. [CrossRef]
- García-González DL, Aparicio-Ruiz R, Morales MT. 2014. Chemical characterization of organic and non-organic virgin olive oils. OCL 21: D506. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Garcia B, Magalhães J, Fregapane G, Salvador MD, Paiva-Martins F. 2012. Potential of selected Portuguese cultivars for the production of high quality monovarietal virgin olive oil. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 114: 1070–1082. [CrossRef]
- Godini A, Vivaldi G, Camposeo S. 2011. Sidebar: olive cultivars field-tested in super-high-density system in southern Italy. Calif Agr 65: 39–40. [CrossRef]
- Gutiérrez F, Arnaud T, Albi MA. 1999. Influence of ecological cultivation on virgin olive oil quality. J Am Oil Chem Soc 76: 617–621. [CrossRef]
- International Olive Oil Council (IOOC). 2015a. Available from http://www.internationaloliveoil.org/documents/index/335-pdf/298-varios/?lang=fr_FR&page=3 (last consult: 2016/14/07).
- International Olive Oil Council (IOOC). 2015b. COI/T.15/NC n° 3/Rév.8, Norme commerciale applicable aux huiles d'olive et aux huiles de grignons d'olive, pp. 1–20.
- International Olive Oil Council (IOOC). 2015c. COI/T.20/Doc. n° 15/Rév.8, Analyse sensorielle de l’huile d’olive: méthode d’évaluation organoleptique de l’huile d'olive vierge, pp. 1–19.
- Kalua CM, Allen MS, Bedgood Jr DR, Bishop AG, Prenzler PD, Robards K. 2007. Olive oil volatile compounds, flavour development and quality: a critical review. Food Chem 100: 273–286. [CrossRef]
- Kandylis P, Vekiari A, Kanellaki M, Grati Kamoun N, Msallem M, Kourkoutas Y. 2011. Comparative study of extra virgin olive oil flavor profile of Koroneiki variety (Olea europaea var. Microcarpa alba) cultivated in Greece and Tunisia during one period of harvesting. LWT-Food Sci Technol 44: 1333–1341. [CrossRef]
- Kosma I, Badeka A, Vatavali K, Kontakos S, Kontominas M. 2015. Differentiation of Greek extra virgin olive oils according to cultivar based on volatile compound analysis and fatty acid composition. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 118: 849–861 [CrossRef]
- Luaces P, Sanz C, Pérez AG. 2007. Thermal stability of lipoxygenase and hydroperoxide lyase from olive fruit and repercussion on olive oil aroma biosynthesis. J Agric Food Chem 55: 6309–6313. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mansouri F, Ben Moumen A, Richard G, et al. 2016. Characterization of monovarietal virgin olive oils from introduced cultivars in eastern Morocco. Riv Ital Sostanze Gr 93: 21–30.
- Ministère de l'Agriculture et de la Pêche Maritime (MAPM). 2014. Available from http://www.agriculture.gov.ma/pages/acces-fillieres/filiere-oleicole (last consult: 2016/14/07).
- Morales M, Luna G, Aparicio R. 2005. Comparative study of virgin olive oil sensory defects. Food Chem 91: 293–301. [CrossRef]
- Ollivier D, Boubault E, Pinatel C, Souillol S, Guérère M, Artaud J. 2004. Analyse de la fraction phénolique des huiles d'olive vierges. J Ann Falsif Expert Chim Toxicol 965: 169–196.
- Reboredo-Rodríguez P, González-Barreiro C, Cancho-Grande B, Simal-Gándara J. 2013a. Aroma biogenesis and distribution between olive pulps and seeds with identification of aroma trends among cultivars. Food Chem 141: 637–643. [CrossRef]
- Reboredo-Rodríguez P, González-Barreiro C, Cancho-Grande B, Simal-Gándara J. 2013b. Concentrations of aroma compounds and odor activity values of odorant series in different olive cultivars and their oils. J Agric Food Chem 61: 5252–5259. [CrossRef]
- Reboredo-Rodríguez P, González-Barreiro C, Cancho-Grande B, Simal-Gándara J. 2014. Quality of extra virgin olive oils produced in an emerging olive growing area in north-western Spain. Food Chem 164: 418–426. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Ridolfi M, Terenziani S, Patumi M, Fontanazza G. 2002. Characterization of the lipoxygenases in some olive cultivars and determination of their role in volatile compounds formation. J Agric Food Chem 50: 835–839. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Russo G, Vivaldi GA, De Gennaro B, Camposeo S. 2014. Environmental sustainability of different soil management techniques in a high-density olive orchard. J Clean Prod 107: 498–508. [CrossRef]
- Ruther J. 2000. Retention index database for identification of general green leaf volatiles in plants by coupled capillary gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A 890: 313–319. [CrossRef]
- Servili M. 2014. The phenolic compounds: a commercial argument in the economic war to come on the quality of olive oil? OCL 21: D509. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Tanouti K, Serghini Caid H, Sindic M, Wathelet J-P, Bouseta A, Elamrani A. 2012. Volatile compounds, profiles of virgin olive oils produced in the eastern Morocco: oxidative stability and sensory defects. J Food Res 1: 194–206. [CrossRef]
- Temime SB, Campeol E, Cioni PL, Daoud D, Zarrouk M. 2006. Volatile compounds from Chétoui olive oil and variations induced by growing area. Food Chem 99: 315–325. [CrossRef]
- Uceda M, Hermoso M. La calidad del aceite de oliva. In: Barranco D, Fernàndez-Escobar R, Rallo L, eds. El cultivo del olivo. Junta de Andalucia Ediciones Mundi-Prensa, Spain, 1998, pp. 547–572.
- Umano K, Hagi Y, Shibamoto T. 2002. Volatile chemicals identified in extracts from newly hybrid citrus, dekopon (Shiranuhi mandarin Suppl. J.). J Agric Food Chem 50: 5355–5359. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Vekiari S, Papadopoulou P, Kiritsakis A. 2007. Effects of processing methods and commercial storage conditions on the extra virgin olive oil quality indexes. Grasas Aceites 58: 237–242. [CrossRef]
- Vichi S, Pizzale L, Conte LS, Buxaderas S, López-Tamames E. 2003. Solid-phase microextraction in the analysis of virgin olive oil volatile fraction: characterization of virgin olive oils from two distinct geographical areas of northern Italy. J Agric Food Chem 51: 6572–6577. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Wong JM, Bernhard RA. 1988. Effect of nitrogen source on pyrazine formation. J Agric Food Chem 36: 123–129. [CrossRef]
- Zhu H, Li X, Shoemaker CF, Wang SC. 2013. Ultrahigh performance liquid chromatography analysis of volatile carbonyl compounds in virgin olive oils. J Agric Food Chem 61: 12253–12259. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Zhu H, Tang S, Shoemaker CF, Wang SC. 2015. Characterization of volatile compounds of virgin olive oil originating from the USA. J Am Oil Chem Soc 92: 77–85. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.