|Publication ahead of print|
|Published online||17 January 2018|
- Alizadeh A, Ghorbani G, Alikhani M, Rahmani H, Nikkhah A. 2010. Safflower seeds in corn silage and alfalfa hay based early lactation diets: A practice within an optimum forage choice. Anim Feed Sci Tech 155: 18–24. [CrossRef]
- Amini F, Saeidi G, Arzani A. 2008. Study of genetic diversity in safflower genotypes using agro-morphological traits and RAPD markers. Euphytica 163: 21–30. [CrossRef]
- Angelova V, Akova V, Ivanov K. 2014. The effect of organic amendments on the chemical composition of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) meal. J Int Sci Publ: Ecol Saf 8: 441–453.
- AOAC. 2005. Official methods of analysis of AOAC International, 18th edn. Gaithersburg, Maryland, AOAC.
- Aydeniz B, Güneşer O, Yılmaz E. 2014. Physico-chemical, sensory and aromatic properties of cold press produced safflower oil. J Am Oil Chem Soc 91: 99–110. [CrossRef]
- Barbour G, Usayran N, Yau S, et al. 2016. The effect of safflower meal substitution in a lysine fortified corn-soybean meal diet on performance, egg quality, and yolk fat profile of laying hens. J Appl Poult Res 25: 256–265. [CrossRef]
- Baümler E, Cuniberti A, Nolasco SM, Riccobene IC. 2006. Moisture dependent physical and compression properties of safflower seed. J Food Eng 72: 134–140. [CrossRef]
- Ben Moumen A, Mansouri F, Richard G, et al. 2015a. Biochemical characterisation of the seed oils of four safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) varieties grown in north‐eastern of Morocco. Inter Food Sci Tech 50: 804–810. [CrossRef]
- Ben Moumen A, Mansouri F, Richard G, et al. 2015b. Variations in the phytosterol and tocopherol compositions and the oxidative stability in seed oils from four safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L) varieties grown in north‐eastern Morocco. Inter Food Sci Tech 50: 2264–2270. [CrossRef]
- Blakeney AB, Harris PJ, Henry RJ, Stone BA. 1983. A simple and rapid preparation of alditol acetates for monosaccharide analysis. Carbohydr Res 113: 291–299. [CrossRef]
- Bowles VG, Mayerhofer R, Davis C, Good AG, Hall JC. 2010. A phylogenetic investigation of Carthamus combining sequence and microsatellite data. Plant Syst Evol 287: 85–97. [CrossRef]
- Bradford MM. 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal Biochem 72: 248–254. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Chapeland-Leclerc F, Papon N, Noël T, Villard J. 2005. Moisissures et risques alimentaires (mycotoxicoses). Rev Francoph Lab 2005: 61–66.
- Dessie J, Melaku S, Tegegne F, Peters KJ. 2010. Effect of supplementation of Simada sheep with graded levels of concentrate meal on feed intake, digestibility and body-weight parameters. Trop Anim Health Prod 42: 841–848. [CrossRef]
- Dixon R, Hosking B, Egan A. 2003a. Effects of oilseed meal and grain-urea supplements fed infrequently on digestion in sheep: 1. Low quality grass hay diets. Anim Feed Sci Tech 110: 75–94. [CrossRef]
- Dixon R, Karda W, Hosking B, Egan A. 2003b. Effects of oilseed meals and grain-urea supplements fed infrequently on digestion in sheep: 2. Cereal straw diets. Anim Feed Sci Tech 110: 95–110. [CrossRef]
- Dubois V, Breton S, Linder M, Fanni J, Parmentier M. 2007. Fatty acid profiles of 80 vegetable oils with regard to their nutritional potential. Eur J Lipid Sci Technol 109: 710–732. [CrossRef]
- Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations. 2017. FAO Statistical Databases. Available from http://faostat3.fao.org (last consult: 2017/10/03).
- Farran M, Barbour G, Usayran N, Kayouli C. 2010. Metabolizable energy and amino acid digestibility of decorticated extruded safflower meal 1. Poult Sci 89: 1962–1966. [CrossRef]
- Galicia‐González A, Goytortúa‐Bores E, Palacios E, et al. 2010. Chemical composition and digestibility of three mexican safflower meals used as ingredients in diets for whiteleg shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei. J World Aquac Soc 41: 191–202. [CrossRef]
- Garg M, Kannan A, Shelke S, Phondba B, Sherasia P. 2012. Nutritional evaluation of some ruminant feedstuffs by in vitro gas production technique. Indian J Anim Sci 82: 898.
- Gibbins RD, Aksoy HA, Ustun G. 2012. Enzyme‐assisted aqueous extraction of safflower oil: optimisation by response surface methodology. Inter Food Sci Tech 47: 1055–1062. [CrossRef]
- Gowda NKS, Ramana JV, Prasad CS, Singh K. 2004. Micronutrient content of certain tropical conventional and unconventional feed resources of southern India. Trop Anim Health Prod 36: 77–94. [CrossRef]
- Hinton DG. 2007. Supplementary feeding of sheep and beef cattle. Melbourne (Australia): Landlinks Press.
- Knowles P. 1955. Safflower - production, processing and utilization. Econ Bot 9: 273–299. [CrossRef]
- Mariod AA, Ahmed SY, Abdelwahab SI, et al. 2012. Effects of roasting and boiling on the chemical composition, amino acids and oil stability of safflower seeds. Inter Food Sci Tech 47: 1737–1743. [CrossRef]
- Movahhedy-Dehnavy M, Modarres-Sanavy SAM, Mokhtassi-Bidgoli A. 2009. Foliar application of zinc and manganese improves seed yield and quality of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) grown under water deficit stress. Ind Crop Prod 30: 82–92. [CrossRef]
- Nagaraj G. 1995. Quality And Utility Of Oilseed. Hyderabad (India): Directorate of Oilseeds Research.
- Nosheen A, Bano A, Yasmin H, et al. 2016. Protein quantity and quality of safflower seed improved by NP fertilizer and Rhizobacteria (Azospirillum and Azotobacter spp.). Front Plant Sci 7: 1–12. DOI: 10.3389/fpls.2016.00104. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Sammour RH. 1999. Proteins of linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.), extraction and characterization by electrophoresis. Bot Bull Acad Sinica 40: 121–126.
- Scheel K. 1936. Colorimetric determination of phosphoric acid in fertilizers with the Pulfrich photometer. Z Anal Chem 105: 256–269. [CrossRef]
- Senkal BC, Kiralan M, Ramadan MF. 2016. Impact of harvest times on the quality characteristics of oils recovered from different safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) cultivars sown in spring and autumn. Eur Food Res Technol 242: 371–381. [CrossRef]
- Smith JR. 1996. Safflower. Champaign (Illinois): AOCS Press. [CrossRef]
- Ustaoglu Tiril S, Kerim M. 2015. Evaluation of safflower meal as a protein source in diets of rainbow trout [Oncorhynchus mykiss, Walbaum, 1792]. J Appl Ichthyol 31: 895–899. [CrossRef]
- Van Soest PJ. 1963. Use of detergents in the analysis of fibrous feeds. 2. A rapid method for the determination of fiber and lignin. J AOAC Inter 46: 829–835.
- Van Soest PJ. 1967. Use of detergents in the analysis of fibrous feeds. IV. Determination of plant cell wall constituents. J Assoc Offic Anal Chem 50: 50–55.
- Zraibi L, Kajeiou M, Caid HS, Nabloussi A. 2014. Safflower evaluation under contrasted environment conditions and selection of promising genotypes. J Agric Sci Technol B 4: 299–311.
- Zraibi L, Nabloussi A, Kajeiou M, Elamrani A, Khalid A, Serghini Caid H. 2011. Comparative germination and seedling growth response to drought and salt stresses in a set of safflower (Carthamus tinctorius) varieties. Seed Technol 33: 40–52.
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.