- ADB. 2009. Building climate resilience in the agriculture sector in Asia and in the Pacific. Asian Development Bank, Annual Development Report, p. 9.
- Agarwal DA, Singh P, Chakrabarty M, Shaikh AJ, Gayal SG. 2003. Cottonseed Oil Quality, Utilization and Processing. CICR Technical Bulletin 25: 5.
- Ahsan R, Altaf Z. 2009. Development, adoption and performance of Bt. Cotton in Pakistan: a review. Pak. J. Agric. Res. 22: 73–85.
- Bakhsh A, Rao AQ, Shahid AA, Husnain T, Riazuddin S. 2009. Insect resistance and risk assessment studies in advance line of Bt. Cotton harboring Cry 1AC and Cry 2A genes. American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences 6: 1–11.
- Balasubramanya RH, Shaikh AJ. 2007. Utilization of Cottonseed By-Products. Model training course on “Cultivation of long staple cotton”, p. 131.
- Chapagain A, Hoekstra A, Saveniji H, Gautam R. 2006. The water footprint of cotton consumption; an assessment of the impact of worldwide consumption of cotton products on the water resources in the cotton producing countries. Ecological Economic 60: 186–203. [CrossRef]
- Cheema HMN, Khan AA, Khan MI, Aslam U, Rana IA, Khan IA. 2015. Assesment of Bt. Cotton Genotypes for Cry1Ac transgene and its expression. J. Agric. Sci. 1–9, doi:10.1017/S0021859615000325.
- Diet D. 2013. Protecting our planet and protecting ourselves: the importance of organic cotton. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-dietz/organic-cotton-sustainable-fashion_b_3562788.html. 2015-04-24.
- Dowd MK, Boykin DL, Meredith WR, Compbell JPT, Bourland FM, Gannaway JR, Glass KM, Zhang J. 2010. Fatty acid profile of cottonseed genotypes from the national variety cotton Trails. J. Cottonseed Sci. 14: 64–71.
- FAO – Trade and Markets Division, Food Outlook October 2014.
- FAO Outlook. 2013. Oilseed and oilseed products. OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1787/888932861453
- FAO – Food outlook. 2014. Biannual report on global food market, p. 33.
- Ferre J, Rie JV. 2002. Biochemistry and genetics of insect resistance to Bacillus thuringiensis. Ann. Rev. Entomol. 47: 501–533. [CrossRef]
- Gillham FEM, Bell TM, Arin T, Matthews GA, Le Rumeur C, Hearn AB. 1995. Cotton production prospects in the next decade. World Bank, United States of America, p. 277.
- Government of Pakistan. Economic Survey (2004–05, 2010–11, 2013–14) of Pakistan. Ministry of Finance, Islamabad.
- Hutchinson JB. 1954. New evidence on the origin of the old world cotton. Heredity 8: 225–241. [CrossRef]
- IPCC. 2007. Fourth Assessment Report (AR4), Climate Change 2007, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Kang SA. 2013. Impact of pesticide use in Pakistan agriculture: there benefits and hazards. http://zaraimedia.com/2013/02/13/ impact-of-pesticides-use-in-pakistan-agriculture-their-benefits- and-hazards/2015/04/24.
- Khan SM, Saeed I, Shah M, Shah SF, Mir H. 2012. Intergration of tolerance of Bt. Cotton varieties with insecticides against spotted bollworm, Earias insulana (Boisd.) and E. virella (Fab.) (Noctuidae: Lepidoptera). Sarhad J. Agric. 28: 57–62.
- Masood A, Arif MJ, Hamed M, Talpur MA. 2011. Field performance of trichogramma chilonis against cotton bollworms IPM approach. Pak. J. Agric. Agric Eng. Vet. Sci. 27: 176–184.
- Memon NA. 2012. Edible oil top food imports. Exclusive on edible oil, pp. 30–31.
- Moulherat C, Tengberg M, Haquet JF, Mille B. 2002. First evidence of cotton at Neolithic Mehrgarh, Pakistan: analysis of mineralized fibres from a copper bead. J. Archaeological Sci. 29: 93–1401. [CrossRef]
- Pakistan. 2003. Pakistan’s Initial National Communication on Climate Change. Ministry of Environment, Islamabad, Pakistan, p. 92.
- Rahman M, Tabassum N, Ullah I, Asif M, Zafar Y. 2008. Studying the extent of genetic diversity among Gossypium arboreum L. genotypes/cultivars using DNA fingerprinting. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution 55: 331–339. [CrossRef]
- Rahman M, Shaheen T, Tabbasam N, Iqbal MA, Ashraf M, Zafar Y, Paterson AH. 2012. Genetic resources in cotton and their improvement. Agronomy for Sustainable Development 32: 419–432. [CrossRef]
- Raza SH. 2009. Cotton production in Pakistan. A grower’s view. Presentation (ppt.) at the 68th ICAC Plenary Meeting. International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC). United States of America.
- Rees G, Collins DN. 2004. An assessment of the Potential Impacts of Deglaciation, Snow and Glacier Aspects of Water Resources Management in the Himalayas (SAGAR MATHA). Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Oxfordshire, UK.
- Salma S, Rehman S, Shah MA. 2012. Rainfall Trends in Different Climate Zones of Pakistan. Pak. J. Met. 9: 37–47.
- Sial KB, Kalhoro AD, Ahsan MZ, Mojidano MS, Soomro AW, Hashmi RQ, Keerio A. 2014. Performance of Different Upland Cotton Varieties under the Climatic Condition of Central Zone of Sindh. American-Eurasian J. Agric. Environ. Sci. 14: 1447–1449.
- Van Raaij B. 2010. Circa 60 miljoen mensen bedreigd door afname smeltwater Himalaya. In: De Volkskrant (11 June 2010).
- World Population Clock – Worldometers. Worldometers.info. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Zaman SB, Majeed S, Ahmad S. 2010. Retrospect and prospect of edible oil and bio-diesel in Pakistan-A review. Pak. J. Agric. Res. 23: 177–192.
Volume 23, Number 6, November-December 2016
|Number of page(s)||7|
|Section||Dossier: Oil crops and supply chain in Asia / La filière oléagineuse en Asie|
|Published online||24 November 2016|